The November election is crucial! It is our right and obligation to vote and to vote our Jewish values. As part of Every Voice, Every Vote: The Reform Movement’s 2020 Civic Engagement Campaign, we have committed TRT to be a 100% Voting Congregation. Studies show that if we make a plan to vote, we will vote.
Here is TRT’s plan to become a 100% Voting Congregation:
- We are asking every member of voting age to sign a virtual pledge card to vote. Here is the link. https://trt.org/pledge
- Make sure you are registered to vote. To find out, go to the New Jersey Division of Elections Voter Search page and check your name – https://voter.svrs.nj.gov/registration-check
- If you are not registered, Monmouth County residents recently received a mailer from the County Clerk that contains a voter registration form. You can also go to https://www.monmouthcountyvotes.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/68-voter-registration-english-monmouth.pdf to print the form. Fill it out and either mail it or bring it to by no later than October 13, 2020:
Monmouth County Commissioner of Registration
P.O. Box 1267
Freehold, New Jersey 07728-9930
- New Jersey has also just implemented online registration as of September 4th: https://voter.svrs.nj.gov/register
- Educate yourself about the people and issues that will be on the ballot.
- Know the Timeline. A brief timeline is included below.
- Register and attend Safeguarding Our Votes – a Zoom training run by RAC-NJ for TRT on NJ-specific voting for the November election, including:
- Important deadlines, including when you will receive your vote-by-mail ballot and when it must be received by the NJ Board of Elections
- Detailed training on exactly how to fill-in and deliver the vote-by-mail ballot that all New Jersey voters will receive
- Where the ballot drop boxes will be in Monmouth County
- Who is permitted to vote in person and where the polling places will be
- Limits on your ability to mail, drop off or deliver another person’s ballot
To register for the training on Tuesday, October 6th @ 7:30 pm, click here: https://trt.org/SOVworkshop