From Rabbi Weber
As we engage in our popular perennial Purim preparations, I share once again in the latest collection of Random Ramblings from a Roving Reform(ed) Rabbi.
- “Words with Enemies” would be a lot more interesting.
- Tom Cruise is considering a role in the sequel to “Top Gun.” Thinking of him landing a fighter jet on any carrier at his age, I suggest the new movie’s theme song should be, “Highway to the Corti-Zone.”
- After 30 years of marriage, Shira has finally decided to take my name. From now on, she’ll be called “Don.”
- I get that Roman numerals seem very dignified, but did anyone think through the “XXX Olympic Games”?
- Driving to Cape Cod, I thought of the limitless amusement that must ensue for children growing up in Mianus, CT.
- And on my ten-thousandth trip down Route 95 to Washington, I came up with a new motto for Delaware: “Delaware – because it’s on the way to where you’re going.”
- Your kids may grow up and move away, but you’ll always have their cell phones on your account.
- I was behind a truck which said “construction vehicle – do not follow.” It was going the way I wanted to go, so I didn’t know what to do.
- I’m so glad the election is over. Now I don’t have to worry about what the color of my tie says about my politics, and I can go back to worrying that Shira will look at me & say, “you wore that with THAT???”
- The Optimum iO remote control is a monument to bad design.
- If you ever want to feel really old, look at the skin on your hands when you’re using an Xlerator hand dryer.