My Dear TRT family,
Let me begin with the hope that everyone is healthy and prepared for whatever the next few weeks and months will bring.
The past several weeks have certainly tested us all. As this unprecedented pandemic evolves all around the world, it brings significant health concerns as well as economic uncertainty for us and our families. None of us has been there before, done that, and everyone is impacted. Our social and business life has been completely shuttered. And the necessary regulations to slow down the spread of the novel coronavirus force us to stay physically isolated.
With that in mind, we know that human beings are social beings. The need for a connection cannot be ignored. The need for a place to meet, discuss ideas and share thoughts is genuine. Although we cannot meet face to face, we can bring our community together and support each other using the technology we have. You can still take part in temple activities from the safety of your home. You are not alone!
As things develop, I want to make sure that you have a way to get updated. First, we will update our website, trt.org, with announcements about all our programs. Second, every Tuesday at 6pm until the end of April, I will have a one hour Zoom call that all can join by using the link trt.org/virtual-office-hour. Rabbi Weber will have his Zoom office hours on Monday and Wednesday from 2-4pm. Rabbi Stern will have her Zoom office hours on Fridays from 12-2pm and Thursdays from 5-7pm. These are group calls to address issues for the whole community. Please check our website for Meeting IDs and for specific links. If you are interested in a private conversation, please reach out by email or phone.
Here are a few helpful adjustments we have already implemented:
- We suspended our regular services until such time as it is deemed safe to resume. And yet, we continue to video stream our Friday night services at trt.org/stream at 6:30pm.
- Shabbat Minyan service is available on Zoom via the following link: trt.org/saturday at 10:00am.
- All committees and task forces will use Zoom meetings to allow all to continue to be connected and involved in the life of our congregation. Chairs of committees will send invites to your email, which will include a specific link to the meeting. If you have not participated until now and you’d like to, simply email Juli Blumenthall at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will help get you connected.
- Our Bereavement group moved to use Zoom. Contact Rabbi Stern at email@example.com for info.
- Our evening book club moved to Zoom. Contact Ellen Finkelstein at firstname.lastname@example.org or (732)547-2888 for info.
We suggest that you download Zoom in advance, as we want you to take advantage of all our future online gatherings.
As I write these lines, we are in the midst of converting our religious school, high school and adult education programs to an online format. Information will be provided to participants.
I want to leave you with wishes for good health and peace of mind.
Tmima Grinvald, Temple President