It is hard to believe the year has passed and we have not been “panim el panim” face to face, except through a computer screen! Finally, after a year of Zooming in we are destined to be together IN PERSON for worship, for celebration, for community.
I am so excited to be able to share the bima with Rabbi Melinda Panken and Cantor Wally on Friday, June 4th at 6:30pm at Temple Shaari Emeth. The bands and choirs will also combine to lead this very special Rock Shabbat service in which we will honor our own Rabbi Marc Disick, who has led us so capably and compassionately this past year. It would be no exaggeration to say that Rabbi Disick is “my rabbi” and I would not be with TRT if not for his mentorship and commendation for our connection! He has been a constant partner with me this year as we have navigated the pandemic and the mergers. I am so grateful to Rabbi Marc for his friendship and leadership and I want to invite you to say “thank you” to him in person at two (2) Shabbat services – Friday June 4th at 6:30pm at TSE and Friday June 11th at 7:30pm via Zoom and limited in-person attendance (see below to pre-register). Together, we will send him off with smiles, gratitude and well wishes for the next chapter of his journey.
Meanwhile, I am looking forward to my next chapter in TRT’s story as we move toward our collaboration and partnership with TSE. I’m excited and inspired by the opportunity to work with the clergy and education teams there, as well as continuing my connections with those members of TRT who have come to mean so much to me.
Many blessings as we join hands and spirits in our continued journey.
Cantor Lisa Levine
- Friday June 4th at 6:30pm – Rock Shabbat honoring Rabbi Disick; TSE Parking Lot and streaming.
- Friday June 11th:
- 6:30pm – Pre-Oneg with refreshments, in person at the TRT Parking Lot to say farewell to Rabbi Disick
- 7:30pm – Shabbat Service in person and on Zoom
- Register to attend services here: trt.org/InPerson
- Saturday June 26th:
- 9:00am – Torah Study with Cantor Levine
- 10:00am – Shabbat Morning Minyan service with Cantor Levine
- Yoga Shalom – 11:00am on June 7, 14, 21, 28 with Cantor Lisa Levine in her Zoom room.